The oldest part of the house, the Hall, dates back to 1701 and has a grand yet welcoming feel to it – the traditional décor with a modern edge makes the house feel impressive and also homely.
The Hall offers four individually designed bedrooms:
- The magnificent mahogany panelled Four-Poster bedroom with adjacent spacious dressing room with built-in wardrobes
- The lovely light Butterfly twin bedroom with dual aspects over the front of the Hall and parkland (these two bedrooms share a newly refurbished bathroom with free-standing bath and shower over)
- The double bedroom, Hatty’s room, with en-suite shower room and views of the South Lawn and parkland
- The Attic Suite with comfy futon sofa, coffee table and wall-mounted flat screen TV. This light room has a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower, boasting lovely views across the fields to the lake and woods
Downstairs you will find:
- The spacious drawing room with log fireplace and plentiful comfy sofas
- The bright conservatory
- The dramatic black and gold dining room with large table to seat up to 16 people
- The spacious light filled kitchen; the ‘heart and soul’ of the house with AGA, round oak dining table, corner sofa and TV – this room is a lovely relaxed place for all to gather
The kitchen opens out onto two walled gardens – the South Lawn and the stunning Roman Garden with pond, temple and dining table under the vine-covered pergola. There is also an enclosed meadow off the Roman Garden which is perfect for a kick-about or some garden games.
From the Hall’s kitchen you will access The Theatre Wing –
The Theatre has been converted into a fabulous three bedroom cottage with all its own facilities. The cosy sitting room is decorated with William Morris wallpaper and luxurious curtains. There is a large brick fireplace with log burner to complete this welcoming room. This is where you can find the sofa bed if required. The dining room and galley style kitchen are light and modern with views of the Theatre’s beautiful Cottage Garden and the Roman Garden.
The Theatre’s bedrooms include –
- Stairs off the sitting room lead up to a lovely light double room with exposed beams and an en-suite shower room
- The Master Bedroom with double bed, spacious bathroom including a large corner bath, separate walk in shower and double basins (ground floor)
- Through this bedroom you will find an adjoining large twin room with dressing table decorated in cosy creams and reds (no other access)
The house has an abundance of space in which to gather, party, relax with a book, dine, sleep and revive yourselves! The gardens are only a start to the outside space you have, with fabulous walks you can take around the acres of parkland, lakes and fields. There is also a superb indoor heated swimming pool to the side of the house to solve that ‘what to do on a rainy day’ problem.
For enquiries, any questions or to check availability please contact us – we hope to see you here at Sedgeford Hall!
The Main Hall with Theatre and The West Wing can be booked together to make up the whole of Sedgeford Hall – it can be opened up to make one large house – this sleeps 28 people + 4.